Welcome to 4017 N. 23rd Street! This elegant and classic 1940’s all-brick Colonial with a huge addition combines the allure of the era with all the conveniences of today. Located in sought-after Cherrydale/Lee Heights, this expanded 4,000 square-foot home features 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms on a rare ½-acre lot minutes from everything in Arlington and just two stoplights to D.C.
A two-room master suite, spacious living room with wood-burning fireplace, kitchen with cherry cabinets and a large breakfast bar, hardwood floors, finished lower level with fireplace and two-car garage make this home special. And there is potential for a third full bath on the second floor - call for details!
The truly spectacular back yard features gorgeous, mature landscaping and three terraced levels all surrounded by tall trees and beautiful stone walls. There’s also a huge flagstone patio that is perfect for outdoor entertaining and al fresco dining.
This home has been lovingly cared for and it shows. Now it is time to make it your own.
- View of the spectacularly landscaped and terraced backyard from all rooms!
- Spacious living room featuring a wood-burning fireplace with tile surround and built-in bookcases
- Relaxing family room with walls of windows that bring the outside in
- Elegant dining room with built-in corner cabinets with glass showcase tops, large bay window and crown molding
- Kitchen with light cherry shaker cabinets, gas range, granite counters, decorator tile backsplash and four-seat breakfast bar
- Breakfast room with recessed lighting, ceiling fan and sliding glass doors to patio
- Hardwood floors in all rooms except the tiled family room
- Graceful stairway to upper levels
- Full bath
- Beautiful master bedroom suite with vaulted ceiling, separate dressing/sitting room with large walk-in closet plus two custom built in armoires, plantation shutters, ceiling fan; master bath with cherry cabinets, large separate shower and Jacuzzi tub
- Four additional bedrooms, including two with plantation shutters and one with two large window bench seats
- Second full bath features classic white square tiles with black diamond dot
- Hardwood floors in all rooms except the newly carpeted master bedroom
- Potential for a third full bath
- Laundry chute
- Bedroom with built-in bed, painted hardwood floors, built-in bookcase and recessed lighting
- Large wood-burning brick fireplace
- Built-in cabinets, shelves, seating bench and bar area
- Gray wood plank ceramic tile throughout
- Tongue and groove bead board wall paneling
- Laundry room with Whirlpool Duet front load washing machine and plenty of room for drying racks and storage
- New carpet on stairway
- Simply stunning and extremely private back yard sanctuary that words cannot describe! Three terraced and mature landscaped levels including a huge flagstone patio, large flat second grassy level and a third upper level with a tree house and play set. Abundant and elegant outdoor lighting allows you to entertain far into the evening. You will be hard pressed to find another back yard like this in North Arlington!
- Inviting and lovingly landscaped large front yard
- Full irrigation system that covers all plant life
- Two-car garage
- Whole house security system
- Dual zone gas heating and AC, furnace humidifier
- Residents may apply for membership in the Donaldson Run Pool Association
- 2018 taxes: $14,615
- Schools: Taylor Elementary School, the new Hamm Middle School, Yorktown High School
Location, location, location!
- Two stoplights to D.C.
- GW Parkway, I-66 and Potomac River bridges are just minutes away
- Arlington Regional Transit (ART) bus stops (53A, 53B, 62) to Clarendon and Ballston Metro stations one block away
- Walk to Cherrydale restaurants and shopping, including Cherrydale Hardware, Safeway, Gaijin Ramen Shop and more
- 4-minute drive to Arrowine & Cheese, Pastries by Randolph, Starbucks and all the Lee Heights shops
- 10-minute drive to Clarendon or Ballston Metros, dining, shopping, movies and nightlife
- Nearby parks include Fort C.F. Smith Park, Stratford Park, Donaldson Run, and Windy Run Park, which features a hike past a waterfall down to the Potomac Heritage Trail along the Potomac River
- Easy access to the Martha Custis Bike Trail
Get in TouchLoading Form...
All information contained in this web site is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.